Brackenbury at the time had recently implemented MYOB Advanced but lacked MYOB integration. They run two businesses:
- Fitness Vending is a leading Australian distributor of sport nutrition products. Based in Melbourne, they distribute directly to thousands of customers Australia-wide, including Gyms, Vending Machine owners, Specialty Sports Nutrition stores, and many other retail outlets.
- Shurtape Australasia delivers branded tape products such as Frog Tape, T-Rex and Painters Mate Green to Bunnings, Mitre 10, and Specialty Paint Stores.
The Challenge: MYOB Advanced Not Fully Harnessed
Being in extremely competitive FMCG markets, Brackenbury needs to get products out of their door as efficiently as possible and ship them with the most cost-effective carrier. Achieving both goals at the same time proved to be challenging, particularly as Brackenbury prides itself on all orders being processed on the same or the next day. Further, Brackenbury had recently implemented MYOB Advanced and a new EDI solution, wanting to harness the full power of MYOB’s enterprise ERP.
The Solution: Total System eveXso, OpenFreight and MYOB Integration
TIG and eveXso partnered to provide a unique solution for Brackenbury, streamlining their warehouse operations through eveXo’s intelligent WMS and bringing their freight costs down, through a tightly integrated solution with TIG’s world-class shipping platform, OpenFreight.
Connecting to MYOB Advanced, OpenFreight automatically selects the correct freight carrier for each sales order. Selection is done in real-time and uses a mixture of business rules, product data and least-cost routing.
From there, eveXso picks up the order for the warehouse to pick, pack, and then despatch. To optimise efficiencies for some of their customers, Brackenbury uses eveXso’s powerful wave-pick functionality which, in conjunction with OpenFreight, automatically prints shipping labels in real-time as the team moves throughout the warehouse scanning and picking. Labels for multiple customer orders are re-arranged by product/pick sequence to activate the ‘pick to consignment label’ feature.
- Increased Efficiency - Through a tightly integrated solution, warehouse operations are highly automated.
- Keeping Costs Down - Using the combination of best-fit carriers for Brackenbury’s business and least-cost routing, TIG minimises freight costs without decreasing delivery performance.
- Improved Service - Brackenbury can focus on serving their customers, whilst TIG takes care of the delivery.