Brackenbury run two businesses:
- Fitness Vending which is a leading Australian distributor of sport nutrition products. Based in Melbourne, they distribute directly to thousands of
customers Australia-wide, including Gyms, Vending Machine owners, Specialty Sports Nutrition stores, and many other retail outlets.
- Shurtape Australasia, which delivers branded tape products such as Frog Tape, T-Rex and Painters Mate Green to Bunnings, Mitre 10, and
Specialty Paint Stores.
Being in extremely competitive FMCG markets, Brackenbury need to get products out their door as efficiently as possible and ship them with the most cost-effective carrier. Achieving both goals at the same time proved to be challenging, particularly as Brackenbury pride themselves on all orders being processed on the same or next day. Further, Brackenbury had recently implemented MYOB Advanced and a new EDI solution, wanting to harness the full power of the MYOB’s enterprise ERP.
TIG and eveXso partnered to provide a unique solution for Brackenbury, streamlining their warehouse operations through eveXo’s intelligent WMS and bringing their freight costs down, through a tightly integrated solution with TIG’s world-class shipping platform, OpenFreight.
Connecting to MYOB Advanced, OpenFreight automatically selects the correct freight carrier for each sales order. Selection is done in real-time and uses a mixture of business rules, product data and least-cost routing.
From there, eveXso picks up the order for the warehouse to pick, pack, then despatch.
To optimise efficiencies for some of their customers, Brackenbury use eveXso’s powerful wave-pick functionality which, in conjunction with OpenFreight, automatically prints shipping labels in real-time as the team move throughout the warehouse scanning & picking. Labels for multiple customer orders are re-arranged by product / pick sequence to activate the ‘pick to consignment label’ feature.
- Increased Efficiency - Through a tightly integrated solution, warehouse operations are highly automated.
- Keeping Costs Down - Using the combination of best-fit-carriers for Brackenbury’s business and least-cost routing, TIG minimises freight costs without decreasing delivery performance.
- Improved Service - Brackenbury can focus or serving their customers, whilst TIG takes care of the delivery.